Mobile marketing has steadily been growing within the last few years and is likely to double each year for the following 5 years, as more people get smartphones or other wireless mobile devices. Marketing experts predict Mobile Marketing will come to be an $20 billion industry.
If you're still at nighttime Ages, and wondering what Mobile Marketing is; it's a method to engage with those customers who only use wireless devices like smartphones, iPads and tablets to use the internet. The key word here is "engage" - building relationships together with your customers.
Mobile Marketing is also a preferred way of marketing for your customers because they have to give you permission to do this. Including clicking on a link to opt-in, or downloading an app. Your customer can buy your offer immediately and even pay for it from his mobile device, giving instant gratification.
One more reason why mobile marketing is preferred, may be the demographics: your mobile user's age group is from 18 to 49 who usually have a diploma and a higher paying occupation in order to be in a position to afford the device.
Other benefits of mobile marketing:
1. It's more affordable than other forms of advertising, only a normal text message fee.
2. You are able to reach out to people anywhere - you are not restricted to your physical area, but to wherever the mobile phone is that you simply are trying to reach.
3. The response rate is greater than with a flyer or classified advertising.
4. The mobile device is really a personal item belonging to just one person. You are able to therefore target your marketing more specifically that person or a group like him.
5. The mobile phone has joined the wallet and keys as something you usually tote around. Which means that you are able to reach your customer anywhere at any time and that they will read your message almost instantly and act on it.
6. It is easy to pay from the mobile device as payment processors are built into them.
7. You can track the instalments back to the mobile number which means that you may create a profile of your customer and the buying preferences.
8. You can accurately measure the rate of success of your advertising due to being able to track sales.
9. The mobile is highly interactive as your customer can text back to you with questions should he have.
10. Wow factor - as mobile marketing is rather new, most customers haven't experienced it yet. This will make you and your messages stand out.
11. Your customer can certainly share his messages with others, which provides your advertisements the possibility to visit viral.
Your debt it for your business to look into mobile marketing like a new tool to promote straight to your target audience.